For over 170 years, Prudential has continued to honour its promises in good times and bad. In light of Covid-19 cases in Uganda increasing, we have taken the decision to extend our Covid-19 cover till 30th November 2020 for all our clients with in-force policies. This is at no extra cost to you.
As long as you are an existing policyholder under Individual Life, Group Life or Group Medical and your contributions/premiums are up to date, Prudential will pay you a one-off amount of UGX 400,000 upon positive COVID-19 diagnosis. If your bank loan is insured by Prudential, you are also eligible for this free cover. Please note that the only acceptable results shall be based on PCR (polymerise chain reaction) testing as recommended by the Ministry of Health.
In addition, a daily allowance of UGX 100,000 (up to a maximum of 30 days) shall be paid for every night spent under mandatory quarantine in a government facility. This is to support your family during an uncertain time. The daily allowance shall be doubled to UGX 200,000 should the member be admitted to an intensive care unit.
All new clients shall also be covered, provided they are not already Covid-positive at the time of either taking out a policy or joining a Group Life or Group Medial scheme.
Terms and Conditions
- Policy/Scheme should be in-force (premium/contributions are paid up to date)
- This free cover is for the policyholder and does not include dependants.
- Testing is from a Government facility or Ministry of Health approved testing centre.
- In the event of a claim, Prudential should be notified at the earliest, within a reasonable period of not more than 15 days
- Only results from PCR testing shall be acceptable
- Regardless of the number of policies that one has, the Insured can only claim the Diagnosis and Hospitalization benefits once
- Cover is to be provided within Uganda, in respect of cases diagnosed in Uganda, to Ugandan citizens/residents
Claim Documentation Requirements
- Completed Claim Notification Form
- Copy of Identity Document (i.e. National ID or Passport)
- Test Results from approved government COVID-19 testing facility
- Hospital Admission and Discharge Documents
- Bank Account Details of the Claimant
- Any other documents or reports that Prudential may deem necessary to assess the claim
Termination of Cover: Cover shall cease upon:
- On 30th November 2020
- Payment of a claim under the Covid-19 Cover
- Loss of life of the Insured person/Member
- Lapse, maturity, cancellation or surrender of the policy
- Cessation of membership in case of Group Life or Group Medical
Call us on 0789 160 988/0750 309369/0785 406686 or email email@example.com