Dear friends, clients, partners, colleagues, brothers and sisters in Uganda.
We hope you are staying safe.
Covid-19 is impacting everyone and every aspect of our lives. In times of uncertainty, it is important for your insurer to step up.
For nearly two centuries, Prudential has been standing up for clients and communities in good times and bad.
If you are a Prudential client and are unfortunately diagnosed with Covid-19, we will give you a cash amount to help your family manage expenses. If you are admitted to a hospital with Covid-19, we will provide an allowance. This will be at no extra cost to you, also applies to new clients who join within the next 45 days.
We are going to get through this together. Please support the Ministry of Health by listening to their advice.
#StaySafeUG, we’ve got your back.
Positive COVID-19 Diagnosis Benefits
- A one-off lump sum of UGX 400,000 (testing to be done at a government-approved testing facility)
- Hospitalization Benefit – daily allowance of UGX 100,000 (subject to a maximum of 30 days) if one is placed under mandatory quarantine in a government-approved facility)
- The daily allowance increases to UGX 200,000 if the member’s condition deteriorates such that he/she is admitted to an Intensive Care Unit.
- The cover will be offered to Prudential staff (permanent and on probation), agents (active in 2020), FSC‘s, and active policyholders (all classes, with policies in-force) and not their families nor dependants.
- The cover will also be offered to new Prudential clients (all classes including group life and group medical) so long as they apply before 15th of May and not already diagnosed with Covid-19
Terms and Conditions
- Policy needs to be in-force (Premiums up to date)
- Tested from a Government or MoH approved testing center
- More details are available on the Prudential Uganda Facebook page.
Related: Press Release